Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Original Flava Tuesdays.. "Memories Fade in the Coldest Winter"




For the last week since the flood that became known as Autotunes & Heartbreak leaked, I've been all over the place as far as how I feel about Kanye's latest project. Initially I cried booo as I was thoroughly disappointed of 'Ye's choice of using autotune to death.. Having had the chance to analyze the project and listening to him explain it on numerous different media outlets, I must admit it has grown on me substantially. This may even end up being my favorite album of the year. If he had left Robocop off of it, I would even go so far as to deem it a classic. It's grown man heartfelt music and Ye's definitely taking chances on this. In the age of one hit wonders and ringtone rap, I for one can appreciate it.

The video above is for a song titled "Memories Fade" by Tears for Fears. It is the song Kanye interpolated for his song Coldest Winter on 808's & Heartbreak.
click below to download the original song.

Tears for Fears - "Memories Fade"


*BONUS UPDATE
Below is a youtube clip of a song entitled "Standing on Higher Ground" off of The Alan Parsons Project's 1987 album "Gaudi". The first 15-20 seconds contains a sample used for the song entitled "Paranoid" off of 808's..




I guess Kanye was really feeling The Alan Parsons Project as he also sampled the title track off of their 1985 album Ammonia Avenue for his song Heartless. Below is super bonus track for your listening pleasure. Peep the strings at about 2:32 in..

The Alan Parsons Project - "Ammonia Avenue"

No comments: